Tuesday, November 06, 2007

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Well clan........December 23rd marks our first anniversary of the family blog. All in all, I would have to say it's been an enormous success. I just wish more of us would participate, including the lurkers.

I have really been enjoying this first year and all the posts and contributions. I feel like it's brought our family closer and kept us connected. It's rare when we get together now in person and don't mention the blog. It's also rare when we get together now and don't post about it. More activity on the blog would be nice.....but I know we are all checking it on a regular basis even when we don't post something. Yes, I know you've been here and when.......much to Pete's chagrin and annoyance.

I'm bringing up the one year anniversary now because I think it would be cool to do something special for it. I don't know if that would be a vote on the best post this year; the best pics; the most frequent poster....we could come up with some kind of award or prize for that. Other options could be: each family submit a family group pic or a group of pics of their family; or some other kind of family oriented post. A contest of some kind. An on line game get together. Stories, remembrances, etc.

Since you are all (in one way or another) a Coots, I want your ideas and thoughts on this. This is a family effort, not mine.......I just moderate and keep the thing going (with as little effort as possible :-p ). However, if I must do this by myself, I will. Unless I don't feel like it, then I won't.

So, send me your ideas, thoughts, suggestions (real ones, Doug, Mark and John). Think about it for a couple of weeks if you want. Email me your ideas, etc. Don't post about it, just email me. November 30th will be the cutoff date to submit your ideas. I will post the ideas and suggestions as they come in. We can vote on them after the 30th and the majority will rule (unless otherwise stated in section 14, paragraph 6 of the rules and regulations made up by the moderator). I will post the final results. I'd like to get this done and have our anniversary post - whatever it might be - ready to go on December 23rd.

So, as Darrell would say, get your wheels turning and come up with some ideas. Email them to me by 11/30/07.

Let's see what we can do to make the anniversary post really unique!!


2 comments:

michelle said...

I'll be thinking.

mark said...

PETE DID WHAT TO WHO?ANYWAY,I THINK YOU ALL SHOULD(EVERYBODY)HAVE PICS OF EACH OF YOUR LITTLE GROUPS AND POST THEM TELLING WHO EACH ONE IS IN THE PIC,CAUSE I CANT TELL WHO MOST OF YOU ARE ANYMORE.AND YES ROBIN,I SUPPOSE I WOULD PARTICIPATE IN SUCH AN ENDEAVOR