Monday, October 08, 2007

Amelia Update

Well, it didn't take long for her to try to manipulate the situation down there-she called us on Tuesday and just after hurried and called her boyfriend, Josh. She was busted by the house mom and Amelia told her that she'd called home and talked to me but Josh was here so she got to talk to him. Except when I talked to Amelia--I was still at work. Hmm...At any rate, she is only allowed to talk to us once a week. I got an e-mail from her case manager on Thursday and he reported that she seemed to be "settling in nicely." There was also another incident of "untruth" that was straightened out. She will learn that all the consequences that she earns are of her own making and it's the same thing every time. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Ray and I had a lovely weekend--worked on the house, did some yard work, went to out to eat 3 times, to a movie(for those on both sides of the fence on Iraq)"In the Valley of Elah"and to a steel guitar show which was quite fun. We won't be going out to eat for a few weeks now as we're already sick of it. I acquired enough left over food for lunch 3 days this week!
I look forward to hearing more spunky political stuff as the election approaches ever so quickly. I will surely find more intelligent opinions here than on TV. Hey, is there room for a Coots in the White House? Any of them will do and there's enough others to make up a cabinet so we don't have to worry about strangers messing up things.

2 comments:

Robin said...

methinks there some sarcasm in there.

Queen said...

I don't do sarcasm--I'm an outlaw, an unofficial Coots..therefore, an amateur @ sarcasm.