Wednesday, September 02, 2009

MORE PICS OF YOUR DADDY'S FAMILY

Jim sent me some pics via Facebook.

Here is our grandmother, Anna Holcomb (Halcomb?) Coots.



Here are H, Annie and all the kids except for our dad. I think he was probably away at school at Kingdom Come. This house is in the "New York" section of Cumberland, on the street behind Susan's old house. Pete and I went through it once years ago when Susan's friend, Faye Goody, lived there. It is much smaller than you'd think by looking at this picture.




Here's Mom and Dad with the Coots clan in Raleigh, NC around 1972-74. In this photo is James "H" Coots, Betty and Cooley Coots, Cleo Coots Napier, Jessie and Bonnie Coots Baker, Ruby Coots Whipkey, Leo Coots and Mabel Coots Jones.


Jim also sent me some pics of his mom and dad. I always liked Cooley and Betty Jane. Here is Cooley when he was in the service.

Betty Jane Coots as a young woman, probably before she got married.

Betty Jane and Cooley. Jim doesn't know where or when this was. I think, for some reason, this was at their house in Miamisburg. Any thoughts?

I think we have some of these pictures, somewhere. I've seen a couple of them before. Well, that's all I've got for now...

2 comments:

mark said...

yeppers,seen em all also.the reason dad wasnt in the firstun was cause in his own words,he was carrying his pony over the mountain to school.

michelle said...

Love the pics. Thanks for posting. when you get the genealogy stuff let me know.....