Sunday, May 04, 2008

Cumberland or Bust!!!!

Hey!!! Rob and I were just thinking about our summer and what big adventures we have planned. We both really want to visit Cumberland. Is everyone/anyone still interested in taking a little weekend trip there? I discovered that there will be a really cool bluegrass festival in Harlan, June 26-28 (SWEET!!), but I couldn't find any hotels with rooms available that weekend (NOT SWEET!). In fact, I tried a few different resources and there were no rooms available after the weekend of June 13. And the price was a little steep for that weekend ($81 per night at the Holiday Inn in Harlan). Pesky. Ray and Lola - were you able to get any more info. about that house rental in Cumberland? I think it would be awesome if we could get this together. MARK - you could fly into Dayton, visit with the fam for a few days and then do the Cumberland trip, and then catch a flight back home! You do realize that I will pester you until you agree to do this!

6 comments:

johnbr76 said...

gee sure would be nice to get to see where all my ancestors are from. but doesnt look like that will ever happen since i have baby sitting dutys when mom and dad get to go out of town. can anyone think of something to do the weekend of july 26th? hmmmmm.

michelle said...

WELL, JOHN WHAT DO YOU HAVE IN MIND FOR THE WEEKEND OF JULY 26TH?

Brandy said...

This is going to be good.

Unknown said...

that sounds like fun. Have you tried looking in tennessee for a hotel, Tazwell is only about 20 or 30 mins from Harlan. I have freinds up there and I could find out about hotels if your interested. Let me know whats going on and ill get off work to be there. So john whats going on july 26th. Are you finally going to join the rest of the nation and support Hillary clinton and Barrack O Bama LMAO( thought Brandy would find that funny)

johnbr76 said...

i would rather chew my right arm off and stick it in my ass then to support those two idiots.

Brandy said...

You still have not answered their question, John......