Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Amelia's Address

Dear all--Amelia is at Midwestern Children's Home, P.O. Box 48, Pleasant Plain, OH 45162. We talked with her today and she is very sad and says that she misses us. She went to register @ her new school today--in Goshen, OH. She will start officially tomorrow. All of you are on her "approved" list. I think I may have forgotten some people but she will be glad to hear from you. Keep her in prayer that she makes the most of this chance to change. We are very aware of how very quiet it is here. I'm still working late hours @ my new job so it's not like we're getting to spend any time together...Ray mostly tests his eyelids for leaks in the evenings anyhow. Will keep you all informed as to how she is doing.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I spoke with her last night when she called dad. she sounded a little depressed but I was very upbeat about being in a new place and meeting new people, etc etc and tried to get her "up"...I think it might have worked a little. I'll send her a note soon.

Robin said...

i;ll send her a card in a couple of weeks, once she has had a chance to start adjusting to her new surroundings and environment.

Queen said...

They said that if she gets letters from anyone that's not on the list, she has to read them aloud to the house parents or the case manager. That should be good if Josh or Robbie *boyfriend's brother* write to her or any of her less than savory girlfriends write to her. I know she gave her address out at school. I look for some fireworks over the next little while--the adjustment period.

Tricia said...

ooh..that'd be fun. I wanna hear those letters...can they video tape it for us?!?! LOL